Searching the Haight for Signs of Life

Sunday, July 16, 2006

The Hood Gang

I was surfing around, hoping to find a mainstream review of the Pittsburgh Counting Crows show, but I guess the media can't keep up with the music.

I did see a good band on Friday at The HKAN. I wandered into, unbeknownst to me, a costume party led by a Beastie Boys type band decked out in full superhero regalia, complete with foam muscles. The Hood Gang was a tight little band, though I don't usually tend to like the rap-rock genre - the rhythm section kept everything in the groove. They played together and deftly executed several energizing medleys. They were jumping around, and standing on tables, and the entire crowd was following along. They even attracted a heavy group of onlookers outside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home