Searching the Haight for Signs of Life

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Wii Tennis Power Serve

UPDATE: I don't blog here anymore. My new project is TrailBehind - a website for hikers and campers. I made a new blog on my site too.

The power serve in Wii Tennis is an absolutely critical shot. You'll notice that before either side knows how to power serve, you are at a DISADVANTAGE when serving, because you are like a tennis ball machine throwing practice loopers to your opponent.

Being able to power serve completely changes the nature of the game:

1) The power serve changes your serving volleys from a defensive to an aggressive nature. Your opponent will hit it back slower, from deeper, and basically activates your net man.

2) The power serve prevents your opponent from easy put-aways (see my Magic Shots article on Wii Tennis for how to quash a slow serve)

3) The power serve gets you aces.


How-To Power Serve
In order to Power serve, you should swing as hard as you can with a quick wrist flick at the top of the ball's arc (about 1-Mississippi count). When the ball seems to hang in the air, smash it. I can pretty much do it every time now.

Stay tuned for the following posts:

The Jumping Smasher at the Net

Video Demonstration

9 Comments:

At 1:44 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

Yeah it is tough to win without the power serve.

Show us a video!!

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the tip, I was looking for this very thing! My 4 year old does this to me all the time. It must just be his natural swing, but I could never make it happen.

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Watch the ball as it rises when you serve. I find that using the button to initiate the serve works best for this. The ball will almost reach the bottom of the net at full height. Next Iuse a quick wrist action to get the power serve. Hope this helps.

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Jim Ratliff said...

Here's a video from YouTube that shows how to do a Power Serve.

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

thanks for the tip the video was removed. I am over 1900 sense Christmas with almost no fast serve. I would like to play miis that are more skilled! for me I get a good work out very motivating. a raquetball game would rock!

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Matt Kendall said...

I can do the power serve basically every time.

What i do is i start with my wii remote parallel with the ground. I then flick my frist so my wii remote is pointing up at the ceiling. I then move the remote up in a strait line, then as it reaches the top, you hit it. VERY IMPORTANT!


YOU NEED TO SWING THE DIRECTION YOU ARE HITTING.
Example. If they are on the left side. Go strait up and when you hit it at the top, go down to the left.



Work every time :)

 
At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ty.... i cud neva figyer it owt

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Melany Flemmings said...

Ewww! Your blog is very interesting and I like to read it! Thank you for your help.

Boutique Hotels Indianapolis

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home