Searching the Haight for Signs of Life

Friday, July 21, 2006

The Great American Freedom

My Aunt Roz has given me a green 1997 Subaru Outback, totally cherry, which will take me across the country to my new home in San Francisco. This generous gift caps seven years of support and kindness from the entire Silverman family, during my stay in Pittsburgh. From food, to job contacts, to emotional support and now a car, my life would have turned out far differently, and probably far worse, without their help. Reconnecting with them has been a true blessing.

Hopefully, I won’t have to do too much day-to-day driving once I reach my destination… walking and biking are after all the California thing to do. But this car is a great enabler of freedom and my ability to go set up shop elsewhere. Around August 10, I will pack my guitars, clothes, books, and computers in the wagon, dump everything else, and follow the sun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home