Searching the Haight for Signs of Life

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Almost to Paradise

I have gone now 3,000 of my 4,000 miles of travel, arriving after nearly the entire length of I-10 at my cousin's palatial estate in Tucson, AZ. I bet it's always beautiful here, but heavy rains have turned it recently into a green summer paradise smelling of fresh sagebrush.

I think ranch house may be the way to go after seeing my cousin Ben's here, and my friend Russell's house back in Pittsburgh. I love the kitchen most, which wends its way around a centerpiece stove with plenty of counterspace and utility on all sides. Pool, stone floors, and a big friendly lion of a golden retriever... what more could you want out of an abode? Plus, you can tuck the kids, or the recording studio, into one wing for maximum harmony.

Next stop is San Diego to see Brad's sister, then up to Elsinore Lake to visit Jeannie, and then on to Brian and Phyllis's house in Los Angeles, before arriving into San Francisco about Friday. Though, with Bri and Phyllis's baby due the 27th, this trip could go haywire, and I also need to find a fishing hole and make use of the gear I just got (thanks mom!).

Favorite Albums of the Trip:
The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper
Coldplay - A Rush of Blood to the Head
Jack Johnson - Brushfire Fairtytales
Jim Croce - Photographs and Memories
Joni Mitchell - Blue
Led Zeppelin - Box Set
Neil Young - Harvest

Favorite Songs:
"New York's Not My Home" - Jim Croce
"Unknown Legend" - Neil Young

Most Skipped Music:
Rakhmaninov's Liturgies (wtf?)
Tom Waits (oops)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home