Searching the Haight for Signs of Life

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Talking with Mothers

I never did mind chatting amiably with someone's mother. Today, I ran into a mother who has scolded us a bit for making a racket on the porch after hours. She was outside playing with her cute 2-year old in the afternoon and we struck up a conversation.

I guess being a mother makes you want to interface with adults, and since, as I learned, she has a product management job she does from home, she never escapes. Brad's mom too can really chat up a storm, as I learned crashing at his house for a week or so just before I ejected from Pittsburgh. Maybe my perception is skewed because mothers all want to give me personally advice, since I probably seem so in need of it. But there have ust been so many chatty mothers.

While I know multiple anecdotes does not equal data, I believe mothers are a chatty bunch, and we should all remember to talk to our own and others once in a while, though I am perhaps the most guilty on the planet of neglecting my own mother. Sorry mom!

Be nice, because the mothers do the birthing and the raising, until Sara4 has her way and men get special genetic enhancements to enable them to bear children and share the burden that has kept women subdued since random chance created our mottled universe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home